Fire Department responds to retail store

Fire Department responds to retail store

MARQUETTE — A popular big box store evacuated everyone from its store just before noon today.

The Marquette Fire Department responded to Shopko Marquette after heavy smoke was reported coming from the inside of the building. Store officials quickly evacuated everyone from the store.

A slight malfunction of a heating unit is said to have caused the smoke. No injuries were reported and there was no damage to the building. The store is back open.