Fire Department responds to retail store

MARQUETTE — A popular big box store evacuated everyone from its store just before noon today.

The Marquette Fire Department responded to Shopko Marquette after heavy smoke was reported coming from the inside of the building. Store officials quickly evacuated everyone from the store.

A slight malfunction of a heating unit is said to have caused the smoke. No injuries were reported and there was no damage to the building. The store is back open.

About the Author

Caleb Scanlon
Caleb M. Scanlon is a reporter for ABC 10 / CW 5 and joined the news team in 2015. He grew up in Negaunee, where he attended Negaunee High School. Caleb completed his Bachelor's degree in Media Production and New Technologies from Northern Michigan University with a minor in Communication Studies. Caleb interned with ABC 10 / CW 5 in the fall of 2014. During his free time, Caleb enjoys spending time with his wife Samantha, his kids Fred and Lucy, and his cats Scotty, Remus, and Fitzgerald. Caleb plays a multitude of musical instruments and performs in a band called Concord Through Keys. When there isn't snow on the ground, Caleb can often be found at Al-Quaal playing disc golf.

Be the first to comment on "Fire Department responds to retail store"

Leave a comment