Homeowner receives minor burns after structure fire

IRONWOOD — Emergency crews responded to a structure fire early Friday morning.

Around 1:50 A.M., Ironwood Public Safety was dispatched to a home on the 300 block of Alfred Wright Blvd. on a report of a structure fire. Upon arrival, it was found that the homeowner awoke to his bedroom in flames. After unsuccessfully attempting to extinguish the fire himself, he vacated the home and a passerby called 911.

The homeowner received minor burns on his hands and face. Heavy fire consumed the front portion of the home and public safety remained on scene for around three hours, the home is considered to be a total loss.

The victim is being assisted by St. Vincent de Paul. The cause of the fire was ruled as accidental from candles being used at the home due to no electrical service.