Apartment fire in Ishpeming

Firefighters responded to an apartment complex fire in Ishpeming on Johnson Street Wednesday afternoon.

A woman had lit a candle near her bed in one of the apartments, and went to take a shower.  While showering, her two small children got her attention about the fire.

The woman could not extinguish the fire and called 911.

Residents were able to get out of the apartment complex uninjured.  UPPCO had to cut power to the building to allow firefighters to extinguish the fire.