Trailer fire in Forsyth Twp.

A structure fire in Forsyth township is being blamed on heat tape used to insulate pipes.

The Forsyth Fire Department says the fire happened around 3 p.m. Tuesday afternoon at a trailer at 725 Old M-35.  The heat tape shorted out, causing the insulation in the trailer to catch on fire.

The trailer became fully engulfed in flames, and is said to be a total loss.  No one was injured.

Around 30 firefighters were called in to help put out the blaze.  This included the Richmond Township Fire Department and Sands Township Fire Department.  Marquette County 131 was also assisted at the scene.