With Hurricane Sandy pounding the northeastern regions of the U.S., many will want to help those affected with donations. The Better Business Bureau offers the following tips to help donors Americans decide where to direct donations to assist hurricane victims:
• Be cautious when giving online
• Rely on expert opinion when it comes to evaluating a charity
• Be wary of claims that 100 percent of donations will assist relief victims
• Find out if the charity has an on-the-ground presence in the impacted areas.
• Find out if the charity is providing direct aid or raising money for other groups.
• Gifts of clothing, food or other in-kind donations.
Full details here: http://easternmichbbb.tumblr.com/post/34579136964/sandy