Shorted electrical cord brings firefighters to local pasty shop

ISHPEMING TOWNSHIP — Firefighters in Ishpeming Township were out early Wednesday morning helping to keep a local business safe.

The Ishpeming Township Fire Department was called out around 7:20 a.m. to a report of an electrical fire at Lawry’s Pasty Shop on US-41. Firefighters on the scene said they found that the call was the result of an electrical cord that had shorted out. Responders contained the situation and were able to leave the scene by 7:45 a.m.

No injuries or significant damage were reported.