A fallen cigarette is believed to be the cause of a car fire in the 400 block of Ludington Street in Escanaba.
Escanaba Public Safety officers say it happened just before 1:00 p.m. Thursday afternoon. Officers found the vehicle covered in black soot upon arrival, before extinguishing the fire. The damage was contained to the passenger-side compartment. The cause of the fire is believed to be the result of a cigarette that fell from the ashtray onto the floor.
Officers were on scene for about thirty minutes. No one was injured.