The second annual Iron Mountain Road and Trail Half Marathon won’t hit the road until Saturday, September 14, but organizers are working behind the scenes – getting ready for the event.
And, while the logistics are being worked out, the 2013 event needs a t-shirt logo/design. Race organizers are holding a contest and inviting local artists to submit drawings for the race shirt. The winner of the contest will receive recognition on the day of the race as well as on the race Facebook page. A t-shirt and free race entry will also be given to the winning artist.
Race organizers would like to incorporate the race route as well as local landmarks into the design. A map of the route and information on the race can be found at www.imrthalfmarathon.org
Proceeds from the IMRT Half Marathon benefit the Dickinson County Cancer Loan Closet.
Shirt Design Contest Rules and Guidelines
1. Designs should measure 12” x 12”.
2. Designs must be submitted on unlined white paper or illustration board. Designs must be created in: color markers, paint, color pencils, inks, chalks or crayons. Designs may be hand-drawn or computer-designed, but “clip art” is not allowed.
3. A 3” x 5” card or piece of paper with your name, age, address, email address, phone number and date of birth must be submitted with each design. DO NOT affix entry form to artwork.
4. DO NOT write on front or back of artwork.
5. Designs should include the race title, “Iron Mountain Road and Trail Half Marathon 2013,” at the top of the design. The words “Iron Mountain Road and Trail Half Marathon 2013” should be at least 2” high.
6. Color copies of original designs will be accepted.
7. All entries must be submitted together. Limit three entries per person.
8. Designs should be sent to: 2013 Iron Mountain Road and Trail Half Marathon Race Shirt Design Contest, Attn: Lisa Villringer, Race Director, P.O. Box 370 , Iron Mountain, MI 49801. All entries must be received by July 29, 2013.