Minor maintenance on a van in Kingsford led to a fire that destroyed the vehicle and damaged the garage it was in. Kingsford Public Safety Officers were called to a home at 523 Maplewood Court about 6:20 Monday evening.
A passenger van and the unattached garage it was in were fully engulfed. Officers were able to extinguish the flames. The fire started under the van after the owner heard a loud popping sound.
There were no injuries, however the vehicle and some garage contents are a total loss.
The structure of the garage was saved.