Stove Fire in Ishpeming

An unattended cooking fire at a duplex in Ishpeming caused quite a stir Saturday.

The Ishpeming Fire Department says it happened shortly after 5:30 pm at 132 West Superior Street.

The person living in the upstairs apartment called 911 to say that smoke was filling the lower apartment, and that two adults and a baby were inside that lower apartment.

When crews arrived, they found light smoke in the lower apartment from an unattended pan on a stove that had ignited other materials on the stove top.

No one was hurt, and firefighters ventilated the smoke before the apartment could take any damage.

The Marquette County Sheriff’s Department and Bell EMS assisted at the scene.