Ish. Township Fire Follow-Up

A malfunctioning bathroom exhaust fan is the probable cause of a house fire in Ishpeming Township that killed two people.

The Marquette County Sheriff’s Department and the Michigan State Police fire marshal say the fire at 135 Seilo Avenue started inside the bathroom and was mostly contained to that room.

As the fire burned, the house sustained severe smoke and heat damage.

The two residents of the house are identified as 82-year-old Lois Roberts and her son, 46-year-old Daniel Roberts.

Relatives discovered the bodies of the two at around 1pm Monday.

Authorities believe the started in the early morning hours Saturday.

The Medical Examiner’s office determined that smoke inhalation was most likely the cause of death.

It will be several weeks before toxicology test results are received.

This incident remains under investigation.