LILBURN, Ga. — LILBURN, Ga. — The Michigan Tech women\’s basketball moved up one spot to No. 9 in this week\’s USA TODAY/ESPN Division II Women\’s Basketball Coaches Association poll.
The Huskies won both of their games last week with a 58-48 decision over Northern Michigan last Thursday (Jan. 6) and a 71-35 triumph over Marygrove last Saturday (Jan. 8).
Tech is the highest-ranked team from both the Midwest Region and Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference. No. 13 Grand Valley State and No. 23 Quincy are the only two other teams from the region ranked in the top 25.
Michigan Tech opened the year ranked No. 19 and has been in the top 20 all season long. The Huskies have been nationally ranked in every poll since Jan. 22, 2008.
*USA TODAY ESPN DIVISION II TOP 25 COACHES\’ POLL*
1. Delta State University (Miss.) -21
2. Lander University (S.C.) -5
3. Fort Lewis College (Colo.) -2
4. Arkansas Tech University
5. Clayton State University (Ga.)
6. Northeastern State University (Okla.)
7. Washburn University (Kan.)
8. Wayne State College (Neb.)
*9. Michigan Technological University*
10. Emporia State University (Kan.)
11. University of Alaska – Anchorage
12. Western Washington University
13. Grand Valley State University (Mich.)
14. Holy Family University (Pa.)
15. Bentley University (Mass.)
16. Millersville University of Pennsylvania
17. Grand Canyon University (Ariz.)
18. University of South Carolina – Aiken
19. Rollins College (Fla.)
20. Dixie State College of Utah
21. Metro State College of Denver (Colo.)
22. Seattle Pacific University (Wash.)
23. Quincy University (Ill.)
24. California State University – Chico
25. West Liberty University (W. Va.)