An early morning chimney fire in Escanaba has left one home heavily damaged. The Escanaba Public Safety responded to the fire around 12:30 a.m.this morning at 1705 5th Avenue South.
When Public Safety arrived smoke was coming out of the eves, and chimney on the house. Flames were also visible in the space between the ceiling and chimney. The residents of the house were able to escape the fire unharmed, and are being put up in a hotel with the help of the Red Cross.
Public Safety Officers were able to get the fire under control in about 30 minutes. Although the house had heavy fire, smoke, and water damage they were able to save the structure. The Delta County Sheriff’s Department and Rampart EMS assisted at the scene.