Fire at Gladstone business

Firefighters were called to Mark’s Auto Sales in Gladstone at 3:56 am after reports of smoke in the area were reported to Central Dispatch. Upon arrival, smoke was observed coming from the attic area of the business. Further investigation revealed a fire in the attic area.

The fire is believed to be accidental and caused by smoldering structural areas in the attic that had begun to smolder from some minor renovation work that had been completed in the afternoon.

The damage was contained to the attic area and ceiling of the business, however smoke damage was evident throughout the structure and there was some minor water damage from extinguishment of the fire.

The business is owned by Mr. Dan Hackleman and is insured.

No injuries resulted from the fire. Firefighters were on the scene for approximately 2 and a half hours.

Tagged with