Lightning causes electrical fire at residence

ISHPEMING–Tuesday evening’s thunderstorms proved dangerous, as lighting caused a structure fire in Ishpeming.

A home off of county road 581 suffered interior smoke damage, as lighting struck a nearby electrical pole, causing an electrical fire underneath the residence. The two owners of the home were able to evacuate along with their two animals, a bird and a dog.

Emergency crews were called to the scene, as exterior floorboards were ripped out in order for the fire department to extinguish the fire with the use of foam.