Quinnesec home sustains minimal damage after fire

A quick response from the Breitung Township Fire Department may have helped minimize the damage to a Clark Street home Tuesday night in Quinnesec.

The woman who lives there says she was asleep upstairs when the fire started, around 6:30 CST. Fortunately, she was able to escape out the front door safely.

Firefighters arrived on scene shortly after.  According to eyewitnesses, firefighters began spraying down a propane tank from a nearby BBQ grill in the front yard.  Most of the damage appeared to be contained to the side of the house where the grill was situated.

More information will be released on the fire as it is made available.