Pets die in Forsyth Twp. fire

A fire in Marquette County has claimed the lives of three pets.

The Forsyth Township Fire Deparment responded to a fire at 114 Banshee Street at K.I. Sawyer just after 9 pm on Tuesday.

The blaze started as a grease fire and spread throughout the kitchen.

Crews were able to prevent the flames from spreading to the rest of the house; however, the smoke did spread to the rest of the home.

Three people were home at the time of the fire, and they all escaped unharmed.

Firefighters were on scene for two and a half hours.

Marquette County Rescue 131 and the Sands Township Fire Department assisted at the scene.