Fire damages garage, destroys pickup in Gladstone

A pickup truck was destroyed and a garage was damaged after an early morning vehicle fire in Gladstone.

Gladstone firefighters were called to 1325 Montana Avenue, at 7 a.m. Tuesday.  When they arrived, they found a 2007 Chevrolet pickup truck engulfed in flames.

Fire crews were able to extinguish the blaze quickly, but the truck is considered a total loss.  A nearby garage had a 10-foot portion of its siding melted by the fire.

The cause of the fire is believed to be a malfunctioning heater block device plugged into the engine.

No injuries were reported, and the truck was not running at the time of the incident.

Shawn Brandt, who lives at the residence, owned the pickup.