NEGAUNEE — If you’re looking for something ‘spooky’ to do over the weekend, you may want to stop by Iron Street in Negaunee.
The Vista Theater will host Mary Shelley’s classic, “Frankenstein”.
It is presented by The Peninsula Arts Appreciation Council and adapted by local playwright, Paul Olson.
The cast has been working for over a month to get ready for the play.
“It’s great to see not only my words, but the amazing poetry of Mary Shelley acted out and see it on the stage. Frankenstein the book is an amazing book” said playwright, Paul Olson. “This year is the 200th anniversary of when the book was first published, so it’s extra special to be able to have this on stage this year.”
There are only three shows.
The first performance begins tonight at 7 p.m. and the following performance are on Saturday and Sunday afternoon at 2 p.m.
The cast is for the performance is as follows:
- Victor Frankenstein – Aidan Pietila
- Henry Clerval – Ben Bickler
- Elizabeth Lavenza – Corey Kelly
- Waltraud Frankenstein – Kiley Baysore
- Justine – Rose Mary Pietila
- Professor Waldman – Paul Olson
- The Creature – Thomas Laitinen
- Captain Walton – Paul Olson
- Sailor – Ericka Olson
For more information click here.