MANISTIQUE TOWNSHIP — A Schoolcraft County family was displaced from their home after an early morning fire Thursday morning.
Just after 7:30 a.m., Manistique Public Safety was dispatched to a home on North Scharstrom Road in Manistique Township on a report of a structure fire. Emergency personnel saw smoke and flames from the basement area.
Officers spent two hours putting out the fire. The family, who was home at the time of the fire, was able to get everyone out. No injuries were reported.
The fire is still under investigation. Authorities suspect that the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction.