HANCOCK — More information has been released about a house fire that took place Wednesday morning in Hancock.
The Hancock Police Department tells ABC 10 that the house fire at the corner of Calumet and Anthony Streets most likely started in the kitchen.
Four children and two pets were inside the home when the fire started. They were all able to get out of the house safely, however one pet did perish in the fire. The fire is still under investigation.
The house is considered to be a total loss. Pigs-N-Heat and the Salvation Army assisted the family at the scene.