Oven causes apartment fire in Grand Marais

GRAND MARAIS — An oven fire caused emergency crews to respond to an apartment complex in Grand Marais.

The Alger County Sheriff’s Office says the fire happened at the Grand Marais Apartments Saturday night.  Officers used fire extinguishers to extinguish the fire.

The Burt Township Fire Department used SCBA’s to enter the smoke-filled apartment to make sure the fire was out, and also cleared the complex of smoke.  Police say a quick response time and inter-agency cooperation was critical in the successful response to the incident.

All residents of the apartment complex were accounted for.

Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore Rangers also assisted on scene.