ABC 10/CW 5 in the beautiful Upper Peninsula of Michigan is seeking a full-time reporter/anchor. This is an entry-level position, but experience shooting video and being in front of a camera is a must. The individual chosen for this position must be self-motivated, ambitious, and willing to go the extra mile to produce quality content. He/she will need to have good time management skills and be able to turn stories quickly and efficiently.
Job Duties include (but are not limited to): Anchoring newscasts – reporting during on a wide range of community events – establishing contacts within the community – Shooting events and news-related-activities. This job requires a lot of hard work and long hours. The position is tremendously rewarding and is a great stepping-stone in the career of News Broadcasting, with a chance at transitioning into Sports.
Must possess at least a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism and know how to shoot, edit, and write news stories. Previous internship experience preferred. Valid drivers license and clean driving record required. Must have a demo reel to be considered.
Part-Time Master Control Operator
ABC 10/CW 5 in Michigan’s beautiful Upper Peninsula is looking for a part-time Master Control Operator. Duties include on-air switching of shows and commercials, recording satellite feeds, and preparing syndicated shows for air, as well as operating the studio cameras and floor directing our nightly newscasts. Previous experience preferred but will train the right person. Must be willing to work holidays.
Keweenaw Bureau Reporter
Lake Superior Community Broadcasting Corp. has a full-time opportunity to be our new Keweenaw Bureau reporter located in beautiful Houghton, Michigan! This opportunity is a perfect entry-level position combining your talents in radio, and television. The right candidate will have experience with both television and radio, and be comfortable being in front of a camera and on-air on the radio, as needed. Must have good time management skills and be able to produce multiple stories a day.
Must possess at least a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism and know how to shoot, edit, and write news stories.
ABC 10/CW5 is looking for a part-time Broadcast Engineer. This position is responsible for all system administration, engineering documentation, filter settings, log maintenance, and technical troubleshooting. This position requires the ability to work under pressure in order to meet broadcast deadlines, make decisions, and take corrective action under tight timelines.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:- Knowledge of broadcast rules and regulations.- Knowledge in maintenance, usage, and design of technical broadcast equipment.- Skill in responding to operational/technical equipment problems.- Skill in both verbal and written communication.- Skill in repair of digital and analog broadcast audio and video cabling and equipment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:- Operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair complex electronic, computer based, optical and mechanical broadcasting systems. Repair and maintain all broadcast and video production equipment in emergency and preventative situations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:- The ideal candidate should have experience in broadcast and technology systems engineering. Should have experience working in live broadcast environments. Should hold a B.S. in Engineering or Computer Science or have demonstrable equivalent experience. The candidate should have notable experience related to broadcast and technology systems design and integration. Knowledge in maintaining and repairing transmitters and tower maintenance.
WBUP/WBKP is seeking a dynamic, self-starter to join our team as an account executive. Must be a skilled negotiator who knows how to work with multiple clients. Applicant must be extremely well organized and highly computer literate.
Purpose: Serves customers by selling television advertising space; meeting customer needs.
Sales Representative Job Duties:
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.
- Submits orders by referring to rate sheet lists and product literature.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in advertising packages, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Skills/Qualifications: Customer Service, Meeting Sales Goals, Closing Skills, Territory Management, Prospecting Skills, Negotiation, Self-Confidence, Product Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Client Relationships, Motivation for Sales.