UPDATE — 11:20 p.m. August 22, 2015: The cause of Saturday night’s structure fire at 520 E. High Street in Ishpeming is still under investigation.
Ishpeming Fire Chief Ed Anderson says that no one was home when the fire started. When firefighters arrived on scene, heavy smoke and flames were seen coming out of a window in the back of the house.
According to Anderson, the house is insured. No injuries were reported. The American Red Cross and Marquette County’s Pigs & Feat fire relief fund are helping the displaced homeowner.
ISHPEMING — Fire crews battled a house fire tonight in the city of Ishpeming.
Just after 7 p.m., the Ishpeming City Fire Department was dispatched to a structure fire at a residence on the 500 block of E. High Street. Smoke could be seen coming from the roof of the house.
Firefighters were on scene for three hours. According to one firefighter who spoke with ABC 10, no injuries were reported.
The fire is still under investigation. Ishpeming Township Fire Department, Marquette County Rescue 131, Marquette County Sheriff’s Office, UPPCO, and the Ishpeming Police Department all assisted at the scene.