ESCANABA — An apartment building in Escanaba caught fire over the weekend. 1900 Ludington Street is where the blaze broke out and tenants were evacuated early Sunday morning.
Fire Officials say heavy smoke was coming from a laundry room dryer. Some upstairs tenants had to be assisted out windows and down a safety ladder by fire fighters. The fire was contained to the laundry room area. The building received heavy smoke damage but no reported injuries.
Escanaba Public Safety was assisted by the Delta County Sheriff Department, Rampart, City Electric, DTE and Red Cross.