Menominee County fatal fire investigation ends

The investigation into a December 2013 Menominee County fatal fire that tragically took the life of an 8-year-old boy has ended. The Michigan State Fire Marshall and the Menominee County Sheriff’s Department believe, to the best of their abilities, that the fire was caused by an electrical fan unit on a wood stove.

Firefighters were initially called out to the scene on County Road 551, one mile north of U.S. 2/41 just after 1 a.m. on December 27th. Police say a family of four was sleeping inside the mobile home at the time, but only three were able to escape.

ABC 10 expresses its deepest condolences to the family.