WBUP/WBKP-TV, ABC 10 & CW5, seeks a dynamic and experienced News Director to lead our news team in Michigan’s beautiful Upper Peninsula. The ideal candidate is a goal-oriented, digitally savvy, and creative leader and coach who’s eager to win in a highly competitive news environment. If you have a proven track record of producing great content that will grow TV ratings and increase our digital presence, we want to hear from you!
Create & implement strategic plans for audience growth and newsroom operations
Approve all newsroom personnel decisions
Build and maintain key relationships to foster a positive news image within the community
Monitor all on-air and online product for compliance to Federal, State and local laws as well as First Amendment
Knowledge of and proficiency in posting content to digital platforms
Ability to adapt current resources to emerging technology
Supervise and provide regular feedback for direct reports with ultimate responsibility for all newsroom personnel
4 year degree with an emphasis in Journalism or equivalent
Minimum five years of journalism experience preferred
3+ years of current digital media experience
A broad-based knowledge of journalism and related standards, the news media environment and audience consumption trends
Up-to-date knowledge of current and emerging multi-platform news content, including text, audio, video, photos, graphics, data, visual journalism/storytelling and community building
Hands-on knowledge of special coverage, features, enterprise and investigative reporting and breaking news
Exceptional leadership and management skills with previous experience building teams, hiring, developing and retaining employees, and clearly articulating roles responsibilities
Computer literacy, including newsroom computer systems
Possess a valid driver’s license; acceptable driving record
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid vacation, sick time, health, dental and vision insurance.
To apply, email cover letter, resume, references and demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABC 10/CW5 is looking for a part-time Broadcast Engineer. This position is responsible for all system administration, engineering documentation, filter settings, log maintenance, and technical troubleshooting. This position requires the ability to work under pressure in order to meet broadcast deadlines, make decisions, and take corrective action under tight timelines.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:- Knowledge of broadcast rules and regulations.- Knowledge in maintenance, usage, and design of technical broadcast equipment.- Skill in responding to operational/technical equipment problems.- Skill in both verbal and written communication.- Skill in repair of digital and analog broadcast audio and video cabling and equipment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:- Operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair complex electronic, computer based, optical and mechanical broadcasting systems. Repair and maintain all broadcast and video production equipment in emergency and preventative situations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:- The ideal candidate should have experience in broadcast and technology systems engineering. Should have experience working in live broadcast environments. Should hold a B.S. in Engineering or Computer Science or have demonstrable equivalent experience. The candidate should have notable experience related to broadcast and technology systems design and integration. Knowledge in maintaining and repairing transmitters and tower maintenance.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Operations Manager – ABC 10/CW 5
1705 Ash Street, Suite 5
Ishpeming, MI 49849
No phone calls please.
WBUP/WBKP is seeking a dynamic, self-starter to join our team as an account executive. Must be a skilled negotiator who knows how to work with multiple clients. Applicant must be extremely well organized and highly computer literate.
Purpose: Serves customers by selling television advertising space; meeting customer needs.
Sales Representative Job Duties:
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.
- Submits orders by referring to rate sheet lists and product literature.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in advertising packages, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Skills/Qualifications: Customer Service, Meeting Sales Goals, Closing Skills, Territory Management, Prospecting Skills, Negotiation, Self-Confidence, Product Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Client Relationships, Motivation for Sales.
Email cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com.
Part-Time Master Control Operator:
ABC 10/CW 5 in Michigan’s beautiful Upper Peninsula is looking for a part-time Master Control Operator. Duties include on-air switching of shows and commercials, recording satellite feeds, and preparing syndicated shows for air, as well as operating the studio cameras and floor directing our nightly newscasts. Previous experience preferred but will train the right person. Must be willing to work holidays.
Email cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org