August is here, which means last-minute logistics are underway for the Ore to Shore Mountain Bike Epic to be held on Saturday, August 14th. 2019’s race was a huge success, thanks in part to all of the volunteers who so generously gave their time and talents to a wonderful community event. If there is any way you could help us get some last-minute volunteers, we would be so grateful! Below are some examples of what we need volunteers for.
- Thursday Bag Stuffing at Lakeview at 6 pm
- Friday Night Registration from 6-9:30 pm at Lakeview Arena
- Saturday Road Crossing, various positions 9-12 and 12-3
- Saturday Race Start Aids
- Saturday Bag Pick Up
- Saturday Youth Race 3pm-6pm
- Saturday Race Clean-Up 4pm-6pm
- Saturday Information Booth 9am-4pm
- Saturday Awards 11am – 5:00
- Saturday Race Receipts 11am-6pm
Help us to continue this tradition of outstanding community involvement. Volunteers are needed for every aspect of the race, from registration the night before to the awards ceremony immediately following many races. Two hours or more of volunteering and you will receive a great Ore to Shore t-shirt. Encourage friends, family, and neighbors to volunteer and make this year’s Ore to Shore Mountain Bike Epic a total community experience!
For more information regarding this year’s Ore to Shore Mountain Bike Epic, please visit www.oretoshore.com. The Ore to Shore Mountain Bike Epic is a non-profit 501 (c) 3 organization that promotes physical fitness and outdoor activities through education, culminating in the hosting of a series of bicycle races for all ages.