ISHPEMING — Both UPHS–Marquette and UPHS–Bell are re–implementing certain visitor restrictions in response to the recent increase in COVID–19 cases, and per Governor Whitmer’s Executive Orders for the State of Michigan.
The recent visitation hours that lasted from 1:00-6:00 p.m. in Marquette, and 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. in Ishpeming, have been suspended to ensure the safety of patients, employees, and medical staff.
- Necessary for the provision of medical care, the support of activities of daily living, or the exercise of the power of attorney or court-appointed guardianship for an individual under the facility’s care
- Accompanying an admitted inpatient specifically at the time of admission and at the time of discharge to assist with the process and post-procedure. Routine visiting will not be permitted.
- A support person with the patient in the Family Birthing Center at any time, including one certified doula or midwife during labor
- A parent, foster parent, or guardian of an individual under 21 years of age who is under the facility’s care
- Visiting an individual under the facility’s care who is in critical condition or hospice care
- Visiting under urgent circumstances or for the purpose of performing official government functions
- Able to wear an appropriate mask or face covering. If you are unable to wear an appropriate mask or face covering, you may be denied entry into the facility
- Symptoms of a respiratory infection such as fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, muscle or body aches, headache, the new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting
- Contact in the last 14 days with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19
- Per the Michigan state mandate, we have universal masking at our facility. All individuals are required to wear a face covering.
The main entrance to UPHS-Marquette will be open from 5:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and the main entrance to UPHS-Bell will be open from 6:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. The Emergency Department entrance will still be open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at both hospitals.