The following changes have been announced in response to growing concerns over the COVID-19 virus:
State of Michigan
- All K-12 schools will be closed through April 6th.
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer has ordered all bars and restaurants in the state of Michigan to shut down their dine-in services in response to the COVID-19 outbreak, per mLive.
- MDOT US-41 project meeting in Houghton has been cancelled.
City of Marquette
- Beginning Monday, March 16th, Lakeview Arena and the Baraga Gym will be closed to the public.
All upcoming City Arts and Culture programming has been cancelled.
All Lakeview Arena public programming, open skate and drop-in sessions are cancelled for the remainder of the ice season.
- The Marquette City Fire Department will close both stations to the general public. The department will still respond to emergencies as usual.
- The Marquette City Band concert, scheduled for April 22nd, has been cancelled.
- The Marquette Board of Light and Power announced closure to all foot traffic, starting immediately.
City of Ishpeming
All normally scheduled activities at the Ishpeming Multi-Purpose Senior Center are suspended until April 6th.
- Customer service centers and field offices are being closed to the general public. The closures take effect March 18th.
Michigan Department of Corrections
- All in-person visits at state prisons are being ceased, effective immediately.
- The MDHHS has announced that it will close its lobbies from the public, except for appointment.
- Houghton County Sheriff’s Office has announced that visitation of inmates at their main jail and work camp are suspended until further notice.
- The Calumet Colosseum is closed for the season.
- The Calumet Theatre 120th Anniversary Celebration, originally scheduled for March 20th, has been postponed.
Effective March 17, the Iron County Sheriff’s Office will be closed to the public until further notice.
City of Escanaba
- The Escanaba City Hall will be temporary closed until April 5th.
Peter White Public Library
- All library programs and meeting room reservations have been suspended from now until April 6th. This timeline will be reassessed as the situation progresses.
- As of Friday, March 13th, the Peter White Public Library is suspending all operations until April 6th.
- Disable the Label, scheduled for March 20th, has been cancelled.
- Beginning March 18th, Women’s Center offices in Gwinn, Marquette and Munising will be closed to the general public. Services will still be offered.
- Family night scheduled for March 12th has been cancelled.
- Ishpeming Public School District will be closed March 16th through April 5th.
DJ Jacobetti Home for Veterans
- The DJ Jacobetti Home for Veterans is closed to all visitors that aren’t medically necessary to residents.
Aspirus Houghton Clinic
- The Aspirus Houghton Clinic will be closed Saturday, March 14th.
Dickinson County Healthcare
- Visitors must be 19 years of age or older.
Visitation is further limited by patient type:
Terminally and Critically Ill Patient Visitation – Immediate family, spouse, or significant other only;
Pediatric Patient – Parents and or care giver only;
OB Patient – Spouse, significant other or coach only;
All Other Patients – Spouse, significant other or care giver only.
Marquette County Medical Center Facility
- All visitations are suspended, at the request of the federal government.
The Lighthouse at Hancock Health and Rehabilitation
- Visitation is being limited to medical personnel only.
OSF St. Francis Hospital & Medical Group
- All routine visits are being suspended until further notice, effective immediately.
Negaunee Public Library
- The Negaunee Public Library is closing its doors until further notice. The library is offering curbside pickup, as well as all of its online services.
Norlite Senior Center
- No visitors will be allowed, unless medically necessary or unless previously approved.
- New residents are still being accepted, unless they display flu-like symptoms.
Northern Michigan University
- The 2020 WayUp Music Festival is being postponed until further notice. Full refunds will be issued automatically. If you don’t get your refund by Friday, April 10, please contact the Berry Events Center Ticket Office at (906) 227-1032 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The 3rd-annual Upper Peninsula Beekeeping Conference has been cancelled.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance is cancelled until further notice.
- The U9-U12 Soccer Tournament, which was scheduled for March 13th through the 15th at the Superior Dome, has been cancelled.
- An Evening with David Harbour, scheduled for March 17th, has been cancelled.
- The DeVos Art Museum will be closed starting March 16th, until April 4th.
- Only NMU faculty, students, PEIF members and staff with proper identification will be allowed in the Physical Education and Instructional Facility (PEIF) and Berry Events Center. This includes the Superior Dome. No day passes will be sold. Decision will be reevaluated March 30th.
- NMU’s Forest Roberts Theatre announced the postponement of its production of “Cats.” Dates are being rescheduled for the fall semester. It has also announced the postponement of its summer North Coast Theatre Festival.
- More information regarding NMU’s changes in response to the virus can be found here.
Keweenaw Bay Indian Community
- Tribal Water Day has been cancelled.
Michigan Iron Industry Museum
- The Michigan Iron Industry Museum will be closed from March 14th through April 13th.
- 120th Anniversary Celebration, scheduled for March 20th, has been postponed to a soon-to-be determined date.
Marquette Hope United Methodist Church
- All services for all locations have been suspended for the remainder of March.
Little Brothers-Friends of the Elderly
- Easter dinners, home meal deliveries, and holiday visits are cancelled. More information can be found here.
- The EMS Conference, scheduled for March 20th and 21st, has been cancelled.
- Bay College’s spring break will be extended two days, March 16th and 17th.
- Bay College will also transition most face-to-face classes to an online format.
Economic Club of Marquette County
- The dinner scheduled for March 16th has been postponed until further notice.
Gwinn United Methodist Church
- All activities and services are cancelled through April 5th.
Manistique Senior Citizens Center
- All activities, presentations and programming have been suspended, effective March 14th through April 13th.
Portage Lake District Library
- The Portage Lake District Library and the Hancock School Public Library will be closed beginning Saturday, March 14th.
Upper Peninsula Children’s Museum
- The museum will be closed until April 6th.
Greater Ishpeming-Negaunee Chamber of Commerce
- Vegas comes to Ishpeming has been postponed.
- The West End Indoor bike Race Day (WEIRD), has been postponed tentatively until May 9th.
Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
- Munising Falls Visitor Center is closed to the public, as of March 17th. Outdoor spaces will remain open to the public.
UP Health Systems
- Routine visits have been suspended, effective immediately.
- Hope Starts Here Challenge, scheduled for May 9th, has been postponed until late summer or early fall.
Iron County Medical Care Facility
- The medical care facility in Crystal Falls is closed to all visitors.
- Soup and Salad Silent Auction, scheduled for this Saturday, has been cancelled. Those requesting a refund can contact Rene Johnson at (906) 487-7558.
- Finlandia University will be moving all classes to an online format.
- Finlandia Hall will be closed, effective immediately. No guest visitation is allowed in the residence hall.
- Campus events will be limited to 25 people or fewer. Administration and other offices will remain open.
US Ski & Snowboard Hall of Fame
- Induction ceremony and events, scheduled for March 25th-28th in Sun Valley ID, have been postponed.
Negaunee Senior Center
- All social activities are cancelled, although services including in-home and social work will continue to be offered.
Ore Dock Brewing Company
- The Westerly Winds Big Band’s Swing Dance, which was scheduled for Sunday, has been cancelled.
- Brits and Brews Fundraiser, set for April 18th, has been rescheduled until sometime this fall.
- Festival of the Angry Bear
University of Michigan
- All spring graduation activities have been cancelled.
Michigan Technological University
- Get WISE event at Hancock High School has been postponed.
- All performances, concerts and receptions in the the Performing Arts and McArdle Theatre in the Walker Arts and Humanities Center are cancelled, effective March 16th through April 26th.
- More information regarding MTU’s changes in response to the virus can be found here.
Marquette Area Public Schools
- Event postponements and policy changes can be found here.
Historic Vista Theater
- “Escanaba in da Moonlight” performances, scheduled for March 13th-15th, have been postponed.
TRIO Pre-College Programs
- TRIO UB Saturday Academy, scheduled for March 14th, is cancelled.
- TRIO Pre-College Spring Break Trip is cancelled.
- All services cancelled at Ishpeming, Marquette, and L’Anse locations.
Bay Cliff Health Camp
- All Bay Cliff camps and events will be cancelled until April 5, 2020. Visitors and non-essential personnel are asked to avoid the campus and to phone the office with any questions or concerns. This is an evolving situation and future event planning is being adjusted in 2-4 week intervals or as necessary.
Stay with ABC 10 as we are updated with more cancellations and postponements. Event cancellations or postponements can be sent to email@example.com.