CHAMPION — Last night the West End Health Foundation held their Spring Grant ceremony where they awarded $30,000 worth of grants to local organizations. Grant recipients gathered at Jerzi’s 41 for some food and refreshments before hearing from the Foundation’s president and getting their checks.
The foundation had grant requests from several different organizations, totaling over $100,000 in requests, but had to go through the difficult task of narrowing it down to just 15 recipients.
“It’s always very difficult because all of the grant proposals or requests that we receive, they’re all worthwhile, and we only have a limited number of funds to work with,” said Tom Edmark, the President of the West End Health Foundation. “And so we’re very happy that we were able to give 15 grants out, for this grant cycle. And people are very appreciative of us being able to help them out.”
The West End Health Foundation will be holding their big fundraising event, the Annual West End Health Foundation Golf Outing on Friday, September 6th, at the Wawonowin Country Club.
The full list of grant recipients are:
- Alzheimer’s Association: $2,000
- Bay Cliff Health Camp: $2,000
- Beacon House: $1,000
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Marquette County: $1,500
- Courage, Inc.: $2,200
- Dial Help, Inc.: $4,000
- Girl Scouts of the Northwestern Great Lakes: $1,000
- INN Community Education Division: $4,000
- NICE Community Schools: $1,500
- Partridge Creek Farm: $5,000
- Superior String Alliance: $800
- UP Bras That Fit: $2,000
- UP Children’s Bereavement Network: $1,000
- UP Children’s Therapy: $1,500
- Women’s Center: $500
- Township of Humboldt Youth Fishing Derby: $500 (Sponsorship)