The Michigan Works UPWARD Talent Council are hosting free Soft Skills Seminars

MARQUETTE — The Michigan Works UPWARD Talent Council is hosting free Soft Skills Seminars for people looking to improve their job performance in their careers.

These free seminars will teach you: soft and hard skills, searching for jobs, applying for jobs, how to ace an interview, getting a job and staying successful and even banking literacy.

Not only are these topics important but can really change the game for future employees and they show what employers are looking for.

“Employers are emphatically looking for these soft skills,” explained Tom Jayne, Training Specialists at Michigan Works Upward Talent Council. “It can make or break there company. Like I said, 25% is the hard skill, if they are a great welder that’s great and if you are a great mechanic then that’s wonderful. The other 75% they are looking for is how they get a long and how they fit in to the overall vision of our company.”

There will be 4 more seminars on May 6th, 13th, 20th and June 3rd.

Additional free seminars in other counties, and job fair dates and locations can be found on our Facebook at @UPMichiganWorks.