MARQUETTE –Following the success of its recent “Round Up at the Register” campaign in February, the Marquette Food Co–op is extending the program throughout the year .
This program was designed to help the food banks in Marquette County have a supply of food all year around.
They offer a few options with the way folks can support the campaign.
Folks can round up at the register; they also offer a 5% discount for folks who bring their own bag and they can donate their bag discount.
With this new campaign they raised over $6,000 in the month of February.
“We had no idea what to expect, we have always done well with our United Way Round Up. People were really passionate about other people in the community. We saw an even greater reaction than we ever could have imagined. We just can’t express our appreciation enough to all the shoppers who did support it,” said Sarah Monte, Outreach Director of the Marquette Food Co-op.
- The Round Up at the Register program will take place four times a year, for a month each time. Round Up will only ever be for the United Way of Marquette County (an organization the Co-op has supported for several years) and to provide for food needs in our community.
- December- United Way
- May- Double Up Food Bucks
- July & February- Local Food Banks
- If customers wish to Round Up year-round, they can request that this happens automatically every time they shop. This can be automated at any time or shoppers can ask to do so on any individual transaction. On months that don’t have a specified cause, all donations will be given to our local food banks. Customers can ask a cashier if they’d like to sign up for automatic donations.
- Due to popular demand, the Co-op is giving shoppers the choice to donate their “Bring Your Own Bag” discount, which is 5 cents per bag. All the money raised will be used to order food for local food banks. The Co-op is currently taking sign-ups for this program.
- In February, the Co-op rewarded shoppers who chose to contribute to the in-store donation bin that benefits local food banks. The MFC will continue to offer TRIPLE Owner Rewards Points on select items from its food pantry list. Look for special tags in the store on shelf-stable Field Day label products.