Chimney fire extinguished by Kingsford Public Safety

KINGSFORD — A chimney fire broke out in Kingsford late Monday morning.

Kingsford Public Safety was dispatched to the 200 block of Harrison Street at 11:37 a.m. for a large amount of smoke coming from the chimney. Officers arrived at the scene approximately two minutes later.

Officers determined that the chimney fire was coming from 209 Harrison Street. Officers were able to control and extinguish the fire, containing it to the chimney.

KFPD would like to remind citizens that if they do burn wood in their residence to make sure they have their chimney inspected and cleaned on a regular basis to prevent the buildup of creosote.