Fire destroys Gladstone restaurant

GLADSTONE — A fire broke out this afternoon at a restaurant in Gladstone after an electrical malfunction.

At approximately 12:28pm, Gladstone public safety officers and volunteers were dispatched to 4J’s Restaurant for a possible fire. Upon arrival, officers noticed heavy smoke coming from the eaves. Officers battled the fire for several hours. The building was a complete loss.

The cause of that fire is believed to be from the furnace or electrics that malfunctioned earlier in the day. No one was injured in the fire.