Minor damage caused by dryer fire

ESCANABA– A dryer located in the basement of an Escanaba residence was fully engulfed in flames, causing minor damage to the home.

Escanaba Public Safety Officers were called out to 909 North 20th Street for a report of smoke filling up the basement. Upon arrival the dryer and its contents were fully engulfed in flames.

Officers quickly extinguished the fire before it could spread. Once the fire was extinguished, the smoke within the residence was ventilated.

The fire left some minor water damages to the basement. Red Cross assisted both occupants on the scene.

Rampart EMS, DTE, and the City Electrical Dept. also assisted on the scene.