No one injured in kitchen oven incident

GLADSTONE — Grease from a pan of chicken baking in an oven is being cited as the cause of an incident Wednesday afternoon in Gladstone.

Gladstone Public Safety Officers and Volunteer Firefighters were called to a possible kitchen fire just before 3:00 p.m. on the 100 Block of Loueda Ave. When they arrived, emergency responders found the kitchen oven smoking heavily.

Authorities believe grease inside the oven caused it to smoke. The oven was taken outside and a ventilation fan was used to clear the smoke throughout the house.

No injuries were reported.