Electrical short damages home

KINGSFORD — An electrical short caused some smoke damage to a Kingsford residence late Monday night.

Officers with Kingsford Public Safety were dispatched to the 400 of Maple Street at approximately 10:30 p.m. Police say the call was about the smell of smoke coming from a residence.

Officers determined that an electric short in the main breaker box caused the smell of smoke.

Kingsford Public Safety contacted We Energies to shut off power to the residence. The structure received minor smoke damage.

No injuries were reported.