Stove fire injures one in Escanaba

ESCANABA — An Escanaba resident was injured after a stove caught fire Thursday evening.

Officers from Escanaba Public Safety say the incident happened shortly after 7:00 p.m. at an apartment on 220 South 15th Street. Upon arrival, an officer saw heavy smoke coming from the open door of the apartment and flames coming off of the stove. The fire was contained to the stove area and was extinguished quickly.

The apartment’s resident was transported to OSF St. Francis Hospital for treatment of injuries. The apartment suffered fire and smoke damage. Officers say the incident is still under investigation.

Escanaba Public Safety was assisted on the scene by Rampart EMS.