ESCANABA — Escanaba Public Safety responded to a fire at a residence Sunday night.
Officers were called to Lot 73 on 1403 North 23rd Street around 9:30 p.m. following reports of a burning trailer. When they arrived, flames and smoke could be seen under the trailer, as well as inside. The fire was extinguished and the interior of the trailer was ventilated.
Escanaba Public Safety says the blaze appears to have been caused by an electrical malfunction. The home did sustain some damage from the fire, but there were no injuries and everyone escaped safely.
Escanaba Public Safety was assisted by Rampart, DTE and City Electric.