APPROVAL OR DISAPPROVAL OF AMENDATORY ACT TO REDUCE STATE USE TAX AND REPLACE WITH A LOCAL COMMUNITY STABILIZATION SHARE TO MODERNIZE THE TAX SYSTEM TO HELP SMALL BUSINESSES GROW AND CREATE JOBS
The amendatory act adopted by the Legislature would:
- Reduce the state use tax and replace with a local community stabilization share of the tax for the purpose of modernizing the tax system to help small businesses grow and create jobs in Michigan.
- Require Local Community Stabilization Authority to provide revenue to local governments dedicated for local purposes, including police safety, fire protection, and ambulance emergency services.
- Increase portion of state use tax dedicated for aid to local school districts.
- Prohibit Authority from increasing taxes.
- Prohibit total use tax rate from exceeding existing constitutional 6% limitation.
Should this law be approved?
YES – 57
NO – 12
ONTONAGON COUNTY COMMISSION ON AGING
Shall the presently existing tax limitation of one-half (1/2) mill (one half dollar or 50 cents per $1,000.00 of taxable valuation) which may be assessed against all of the taxable property in the County of Ontonagon, State of Michigan, be renewed and continued for a period of four (4) years, 2015 through 2018, both inclusive, as provided by Article IX, Section 6 of the Michigan Constitution, said taxes to be used by the Ontonagon County Commission on Aging for the maintenance and expansion of its programs for senior citizens.
YES – 58
NO – 13