Little Lake couple is looking for help from community after fire
A Marquette County couple is looking for help after a fire over the weekend. The early Saturday morning blaze in Little Lake destroyed the home of a couple that had lived there for more than 20 years.
The couple’s daughter says her father was a member of the U.S. Air Force and retired from K.I. Sawyer Air Force Base. He, his wife and their son all escaped the flames.
However, the son was injured in an unsuccessful attempt to get Hugo, his parents’ pet Newfoundland, out of the house. Hugo died, but their other dog, a St. Bernard, survived.
The house was insured. However, the couple lost everything they had except for the clothes on their backs. The Red Cross and the Pigs-N-Heat Fire Relief Fund are paying for the couple to stay in a motel for six days.
The couple’s daughter has started an online fundraising campaign through the website GoFundMe.com to help her parents through this difficult time. You can find out more by clicking here.