On Tuesday, Marquette County Probate Judge Cheryl Hill will honor Marquette County’s adoptive families and invites the community to share in giving thanks for families that open their hearts and homes to foster children and provide these children with their ‘forever families.’
Judge Hill will finalize four local adoptions and honor adoptive families with a reception at the Marquette County Courthouse as part of Michigan Adoption Day.
Adoption Day is a national effort to raise awareness of the more than 100,000 children in foster care nationwide waiting to find permanent, loving families. This annual, one-day event has made the dreams of thousands of children come true by working with policymakers, practitioners and advocates to finalize adoptions and create and celebrate adoptive families.
In Marquette County, there are 12 children waiting for their forever family through adoption. Judge Hill has already finalized 29 adoptions in 2013.
Goals for Adoption Day are:
• Finalize local adoptions of children in foster care
• Celebrate and honor families who adopt
• Raise awareness for the more than 100,000 children in foster care nationwide waiting for permanent, loving homes
• Encourage others to adopt children from foster care, and
• Build collaboration among local adoption agencies, courts and advocacy organizations
The Honorable Cheryl Hill will host a reception honoring adoptive families in Marquette County Tuesday, November 26, from 4:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. in the Probate Courtroom at the courthouse (234 West Baraga Avenue, Marquette.)