House fire started by outdoor grill

An outdoor grill is being blamed for a fire at a home in Iron County. Michigan State Police Troopers from the Iron Mountain Post responded to the structure fire at 2903 M–189 in Stambaugh Township on Sunday just before 1:30 p.m. The West Iron Fire Department was then called upon to extinguish the blaze.

Police say the home was severely damaged by the flames as the roof was completely destroyed. Luckily, no one was home at the time of the fire. The Iron County Sheriff’s Department and North Star EMS assisted at the scene of the incident.