Electric waterpump overheats at Mqt. school

Marquette Fire Department on scene at Sandy Knoll Elementary School

Marquette Fire Department on scene at Sandy Knoll Elementary School

It was an over heated electric water pump that called the Marquette Fire Department to a Marquette elementary school.

The fire department was called to Sandy Knoll Elementary School around 8:20 p.m. Friday night.  A janitor smelled smoke at the school.

Once on scene, the fire department determined it was an over heated pump.  No injuries were reported.