Morning fire in Sands Twp.

A fire in Marquette County damaged a garage Tuesday morning.  The fire broke out in Sands Township at around 11:15 a.m. just off County Road 480, west of the crossroads.

The Sands Township Fire Department says a wood heating unit is blame for the fire.  The unit caught on fire, and the fire spread to a garage about 40 feet from the house.  No serious damage was done to the garage, and there were no injuries.

The Sands Township EMS and Chocolay Township Fire Department assisted at the scene.