The cleanup continues Saturday at Robbins Flooring Mill in Ishpeming after a fire Friday. A silo full of sawdust at the flooring mill, that produces floors for NBA and college basketball teams, caught fire.
The Ishpeming Volunteer Fire Department responded to the blaze about 10:30 a.m. Friday. When crews arrived, they saw smoke coming out of the south silo.
After almost 15 hours on scene, crews finally extinguished the fire at 1 a.m. Saturday. Crews remained on scene throughout the night to make sure there were no flare-ups.
It is believed that a spark from a piece of equipment got into the 50-foot-high concrete structure igniting the sawdust inside. There were no injuries reported and the damage to the silo was minor.
The American Red Cross assisted the firefighters at the scene by supplying them with hot coffee and food.