House fire in Keweenaw Co.

A malfunctioning power generator is being blamed for a house fire in Keweenaw County.  Authorities say that a single story house in Eagle Harbor Village caught fire around 11:30 Thursday night.

It happened when an outdoor generator being used to power the house malfunctioned.  The fire quickly spread to a mattress in a bedroom near the generator.

Fire crews from the Eagle Harbor and Copper Harbor Volunteer Fire Departments were able to extinguish the blaze in about two hours.

There was moderate damage to the outside and roof of the home.  No injuries were reported.

The generator was being used because of a power outage in the area.