The cause may never be known in a fire that extensively damaged a garage and apartment complex in November in Delta County.
The garage complex was used for the apartment buildings on the 300 block of South 8th Street in Escanaba. The fire quickly spread throughout the garage complex. The blaze also damaged the apartment buildings near it and garages across the alley.
Escanaba Public Safety says the blaze burned so hot, it left no evidence of a cause.
Another fire in Escanaba in mid–December is being blamed on a faulty electric heater.
Two adults and a pet dog escaped without injury when their house on Washington Avenue caught fire in the early morning hours of December 14th. The homeowner reported that a couch caught fire and the flames spread throughout the room.
Police say it appears an electric heater next to the sofa malfunctioned.